FIRST THINGS FIRST
If My people, who are called by My
name, will humble themselves and pray
and seek My face and turn from their
wicked ways, then will I hear from
heaven and will forgive their sin and
will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14
Seek God on the first Sunday of June in this year’s Global Day of Prayer (GDOP) as we pray against the CRISIS of:
Busyness – the overcrowding of the soul. Our hearts cry out to return to hunger for the Word and intimacy with God.
Barrenness – the sufficiency of self. Our hearts cry out for a return to faithfulness and fruitfulness.
Blindness – the searing of the conscience. Our hearts cry out for a return to good works and right morals.
Guidelines have been provided for unity and one-ness of spirit in each of the services across the 16 prayer locations.
Video devotions have been pre-recorded by the Anglican Bishop, the Right Rev Rennis Ponniah; President of Trinity Annual Conference of The Methodist Church in Singapore, the Rev Dr Gordon Wong; and Leadership Mentor of the Covenant Evangelical Free Church, the Rev Edmund Chan. The videos will be screened at each of these prayer locations:
• Victory Family Centre – Choa Chu Kang, Tampines, Bukit Merah (English)
• Bethesda Bedok-Tampines Church (English)
• Covenant Evangelical Free Church – Woodlands (English), Bukit Panjang (Hokkien)
• Grace Assembly of God – Bukit Batok (English)
• Kum Yan Methodist Church – Queen Street (Children and Youth)
• Faith Community Baptist Church – Marine Parade (Mandarin)
• Cornerstone Community Church – East Coast Road (Mandarin)
• Smyrna Assembly of God – Yishun (Tamil and other Indian dialects)
• Singapore Bible College – Adam Road (Korean)
• New Life Christian Centre – Evelyn Road (Myanmese)
• True Way Presbyterian Church – Stirling Road (Thai)
• International Baptist Church – Kings Road
(Tagalog: June 8)
Full details at www.gdop.sg. Email: gdop.efos@gmail