ALDERSGATE SG 2016
Don’t miss the annual keynote event of Methodists in Singapore!
What can I expect?
* Learning– what the Bible and John Wesley says about work
* Engaging with– panellists who have real-life experiences of grappling with issues as Christians in the workplace
* Reflecting– on how to be faithful to God to the end, through the story of biblical statesman Daniel
* Being inspired– to live out your faith wherever God has placed you, in community with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ
Why is this important?
* As Christians, this is a great opportunity for spiritual refreshment as we hear God’s Word preached, and are encouraged by the lives of other Christians, both contemporaries and those who have gone before. Take this yearly reminder of John Wesley’s revival experience as a catalyst for the renewing work of the Holy Spirit, and carry on the flame of social action, evangelism and discipleship which was started at Aldersgate Street on 24 May 1738.
Can my non-Methodist friends attend?
* Of course! The sessions are open to all, and free of charge; our Methodist values transcend denominational lines. This year’s theme has relevance for all Christians who are working or will soon enter the workforce, so do invite your friends to benefit from these sessions as well. Send them the WhatsApp flyer (pictured above right) or direct them to aldersgate.methodist.org.sg–and why not make plans to catch up with them over dinner?
Plan to attend with your friends! Come to the lecture sessions on 22 and 23 May and the Aldersgate Service on 24 May with your friends or small group mates, and see how many you can squeeze into a “we-fie”1 at the event. Upload it to Facebook or Instagram (set to public), hashtag #AldersgateSG2016, and your group could win $150 worth of dining and shopping vouchers!* *Persons in the photo must be identifiable and tagged. Mark the date – see you at Aldersgate!
1A group photograph taken with a smartphone or other digital device by a person who is also in the photograph.