MCS collects Personal Information only when you voluntarily submit the Personal Information for purposes including but not restricted to placing a product order through a Site, when entering a contest or when posting a message to a forum.
For each visitor to the Sites, our web servers automatically recognise only information regarding the visitor’s domain name (or that of the visitor’s access provider) and e-mail address. Regardless of the purpose for which it is submitted, it is MCS’ policy to maintain all Personal Information as confidential, and to use such Personal Information only:
- for the specific purpose in which it was volunteered (for example, to update your record or contact information, to provide feedback, to contribute articles or gifts to particular ministries, to facilitate carrying out activities organised by MCS or its agencies, to complete a purchase, among others);
- to improve the content, appearance, and utility of the Sites;
- to track our visitors’ use of the Sites for internal research;
- to notify our visitors of updates to the Sites; and
- to keep such Personal Information only for so long as needed for the abovementioned purposes.
At any time, you may:
- obtain a summary of your own Personal Information which has been collected via the Sites and is on record with MCS;
- with the exception of Personal Information we need to complete a purchase of product or service, request that MCS dispose of any or all Personal Information about you;
- request that MCS correct any such Personal Information; or
- request that such Personal Information be removed from our database.
To make any request described above, send an e-mail to email@example.com. When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your exact e-mail address, name, address, and/or telephone number(s) in order to be sure we handle your request correctly.
If you have any queries on MCS’s policies relating to PDPA, please refer to our PDPA Policy or contact our Data Protection Officer by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For general queries or feedback, you will ordinarily get a reply within 30 days.
“Directly linked” will be taken to mean links which are still under the domain of MCS (and therefore not inclusive of links on the MCS website which belong to external entities).
“Personal Information” will be taken to mean any information by which you can be personally identified including but not restricted to your name, your address, your telephone number and your e-mail address.
“Database” will be taken to include any Personal Information provided to directly linked websites (i.e. information provided to links under the domain of MCS). It excludes Personal Information provided to websites linked to the MCS website but is not under MCS’ domain.